Wednesday, May 30, 2012

First Country Weekend!

It was a long weekend for us, as it's Memorial Day on the 27th of May and Tyler asked if I wanted to go home with him in Star, NC. That's where he grew up, and we'd be staying at his Mom's house.

I had a lot of firsts - saw fireflies, saw a falling star, ate homemade ice cream, ate country style ribs, ate deviled eggs and fried okra!

We also went cat fishing, also had water slides in the lawn!

Met a lot of people - his dad, his grandma, his aunt/uncle, his cousins, his nephews. And they were all good people.

He showed me his yearbooks - saw him when he's younger, haha... and how his friends push him to date a girl. LOL ( I didn't bother looking at how the girl looked like, darn I'm jealous, lol)
He won Best Smile back then - and of course, he has the best smile ever!!!!! I love that smile so much. :)

He has been so good to me the whole time, checked if I needed anything... we slept in separate rooms, and dang, I missed being with him in bed.

His mom showed me some recipes, and I'd definitely try them; she also gave us fresh vegetables form the garden - lettuce, cucumber and squash. Tyler and I made these fried squash, and they were real good! Also had some salad that he fixed out of those vegetables, and great too! (Thanks Kathy!)

I hope there's gonna be more weekends with him at home... experiencing the country life is really exciting.

We also had our first slight fight, not really, but we've said our sorry's and we're okay now. Just both of us were tired and sensitive, that we ended up not good in bed, but we made it up the next day. I really don't want that to happen again... I hate feeling bad facing my back on him entire night while sleeping (hurts my body too, haha, that's what I get, lol).

It was still all soooo great weekend...

Love you Hurley... :)




No comments: